Tuesday, April 15, 2014

CARLETON RAILROAD

Long time no post! I've been spending these months looking for a track plan that would fit the spaces I have avalible for my new layout. One's a 6' X 10' space and the other is for a 8' X 12' space. I was thinking about an ISL, which have become so popular amongst modelers. The only problem I see with an ISL is that you can't sit back an watch trains roll. Plus I would have to get rid of a lot of locomotives and cars that i savaged from the fire that wasn't destroyed. Also, the Michigan South Central won't work as an ISL which means I would have to come up with a whole new railroad. I did make up two track plans for an ISL to fit both spaces based off a track plan I found on the Layout Design Gallery website called Alcos in the Alcove.




The two track plans is for a freelanced industrial railroad that I call the Carleton Railroad. I got the idea for the Carl from how the Effingham Railroad was created. The Carl would serve a newly built industrial park located west of Flat Rock, Michigan, and northeast of the city of Carleton, Mi., and I-275. The Carl would serve the area south of where Guardian Industries has a large glass making facility. Just like the Effingham RR, the Carl would interchange with the two same railroads, CSX to the west and Canadian National to the east of the industrial park.

CARLETON RAILROAD


6'x10' CARLETON RR


8'x12' CARLETON RAILROAD

I really gave the Carleton RR a lot of consideration as being my new layout because I really do love switching but sometimes I just wanna kick back and watch trains roll and I can't do it on a layout like this. Maybe some could use these as an inspration to build their own ISL. 





No comments:

Post a Comment