Tuesday, September 14, 2010

BENCHWORK

The L-Girder benchwork got started on the morning of December 26, 2008. Most of it was completed that day. The L-Girders and backdrop supports are made from 1 x 2s and the joists are 1 x 3s. I wanted to be able to store items underneath the layout when completed so I made the legs from 2 x 2s cut 48 long. Being this high off the ground will make it easier to work on the layout sitting on a small stool or a milk crate.







On January 2, 2009 I went to Home Depot and purchased 3 sheets of 1/2 OSB and had the store cut it to the sizes I needed. I chose OSB over plywood because of the price, its much cheaper! I install the OSB along with the rest of the backdrop supports that day. Once I did that I went on ahead and laid out the preliminary track plan just to see what will fit.







I won't lay down the foam base until I put in the backdrop. For now I will just tinker with the track plan. Need to purchase more track!









No comments:

Post a Comment