Wednesday, September 15, 2010

FASCIA

After months of doing nothing to the layout, I finally got started on the Fascia on 6-28-09. I went with a 4x8 sheet of 3/16 Masonite hardboard which I got back on 4-11-09 from Lowe's for $12 bucks. I had them to cut the sheet into four 1x8 sheets. All I had to do was make the final cuts to the right length to match the benchwork. Shoulda had Lowe's to do that too!

I align the top of the Fascia with the top of the plywood and not the foam. I will bevel the foam down to the Fascia to make a soft edge which will get rid of the table-top look.





I couldn't make up my mind on what color to paint the Fascia, black or green. The green would blend with the scenery around the edges and the black would make the eye focus more on the top of layout. I went with a semi gloss black. I went to Lowe's the following morning, pickup a small can of paint, and had the Fascia painted by mid afternoon.




Once the paint dried, I beveled the foam down to the Fascia. It got rid of the flat look from the edges of the layout. Messy work! Blue particles all over the place again!


No comments:

Post a Comment